Welcome to My Site
If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my early-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Please do not forget to read the latest national and International News in this site . I have also posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!
Thursday, September 26, 2013
New Words and Phrases, I learn Today
The English language is for sure not a dead language. Every year new words and phrases are coined and added to the vocabulary of our younger generation. Eight of the new words and two new phrases that attracted my attention are as follows: Number 10 is my favorite since I do it almost every month. I have also done a selfie, but will never do number 2 and 9. Do you have a favorite new word or phrase that you can add to this list?
1. Pomosexuality refers to a nonorientation in which people disregard sexual labels altogether. In the world of pomosexuality, the superficial orientation identifications (a.k.a. gay, straight, etc.) are insignificant and not what people should accord to.
2. Plopping: See definition in the reference cited at bottom of this page.
3. A Selfie: A picture taken of yourself that is planned to be uploaded to Facebook, Myspace or any other sort of social networking website. You can usually see the person's arm holding out the camera in which case you can clearly tell that this person does not have any friends to take pictures of them so they resort to Myspace to find internet friends and post pictures of themselves, taken by themselves.
4. Ratchet: A diva, mostly from urban cities and ghettos, that has reason to believe she is every mans eye candy. Unfortunately, she's wrong. Typical signs to beware of include, but are not limited to:-owning a Blackberry,-BLARES anything by Drake, 2Chainz, Nicki Minaj, Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka,and Lil Wayne.
5. Molly: Abr. of 'molecular'. Pure form of MDMA (ecstasy), usually a free powder or in capsules. Oftentimes MDA is sold as molly. Should be white in color (when it's pure) but is more often beige or yellow-brown, and sometimes brown or rarely gray.
6. Hipsters: Are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. The greatest concentrations of hipsters can be found living in the Williamsburg, Wicker Park, and Mission District neighborhoods of major cosmopolitan centers such as New York, Chicago, and San Francisco respectively.
7. Reekris: African American slang for Jesus. A word you scream when shit goes terribly wrong. Reekris motherfuckin bootleg firework SHIT.
8. Randy: Overly excited in a sexual manner. See also horny.
9. Alabama tuna melt: See definition on the reference cited at bottom of this page.
10. Egosurfing (also Googling yourself, vanity searching, egosearching, egogoogling, autogoogling, self-googling) is the practice of searching for one's own name, pseudonym, or screen name on a popular search engine in order to review the results. Similarly, an egosurfer is one who surfs the Internet for his or her own name to see what information appears. It has become increasingly popular with the rise of internet search engines, as well as free blogging and web-hosting services. Though Google is the search engine most commonly mentioned when referring to egosurfing, other widely known search engines include Yahoo and Bing. Once a month I do egosurfing, indeed!
For more details and additional new words and phrases please visit the website below: