President Aquino indicated yesterday that he is in favor of abolishing the pork barrel system in the Philippines. If he really meant this, I admire his balls to do this almost an impossible task, being himself the biggest recipient of this funds and the main source of corruption in the House of Senate and Congress. It is just like shooting his own foot or similar to killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Some journalist suggested, the PDAF will still be in practice but just be given a different name. Some of the suggested names are: Please see my own suggestions-#22 and 23 at bottom of the page.
1. Budgetary Allocation for Collaborative Outreach Nationwide (Bacon);
2. Lawmakers Initiative for Emergency, Miscellaneous and Personal Outlay (Liempo);
3. Livelihood Empowerment for Countrywide Humanitarian Outlaw Network (Lechon);
4. Pinagandang Iligal na Gastusin (Pig); (Beautiful but illegal money for spending)
5. Countrywide Universal Priority Initiatives Treasury (Cupit) Fund;
6. Totally New Government PDAF Audited to Satisfaction (Tongpats);
7. Selective Enforcement of Budgetary Outlays (Sebo);
8. Government Outlay Line-itemized and Appropriated Yearly (Golay);
9. Fund Integration for Social Housing (Fish);
10. Bridges, Excavations & Elevated Roads Fund (Beef);
11. Countrywide Allocations With Accountability and Transparency (Cawat);
12. National Allotment for Countryside Amelioration and Welfare (Nacaw);
13. P-Noy’s Initiative for Good Governance Countrywide (Piggy);
14. Countrywide Assistance for Special and Important Matters (Casim);
15. Budget for Allies for Continuation of Party Dominance (Bacon-PD);
16. Hearty Allocation of Money (Ham);
17. Countrywide Outreach and Rehabilitation Assistance Fund (Coraf);
18. BSA’s Awesome Budget for Outstanding Allies of the Year (Baboy);
19. Horrifyingly Unlimited Money for Belmonte, Aquino and Allies (Humba);
20. President Aquino’s Nationwide Outlay for Transparency (Panot); and
21. President Aquino’s Political Action and Initiative for Total Allocation of National Budget (Papaitan). Last but not least is my own suggestion
22. Monetary Assistance to Allies, Kins and Well-wishers. (MATAKAW)
23.Money Allocated To All Kins And Well-wishers.(MATAKAW)
For the benefit of my non-tagalog readers matakaw can be mean selfish or a thief.
Which one do you like. I like Numbers 5, 11, 12 and 18.
Compiled by Inquirer.net and Inquirer Research
Read more: http://technology.inquirer.net/28547/netizens-pig-out-on-new-names-for-pork-holdaf-nacaw-badaf-cupit-etc#ixzz2cp0rjz2a
Welcome to My Site
If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my early-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Please do not forget to read the latest national and International News in this site . I have also posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!