Welcome to My Site
If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my early-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Please do not forget to read the latest national and International News in this site . I have also posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!
Monday, December 10, 2012
My Fifteen Favorite Quotes of Oscar Wilde
A couple of days ago, I was reading the biography of Oscar Wilde. As far as I knew he was the the smartest man of his time. Wilde has written more than a hundred witty quotes. The following 15 quotes however are my favorites.
1. An idea that is good is always dangerous.
2. Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon.
3. Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
4. Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
5. I have nothing to declare except my genius.
6. It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.
7. It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
8. It is better to be beautiful than to be good. But... it is better to be good than to be ugly.
9. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
10. Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.
11. There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written.
12. When good Americans die they go to Paris.
13. When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.
14. When people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
15. Women are made to be loved, not understood.
Read more: http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_