Welcome to My Site
If this is your first visit, welcome! This site is devoted to my life experiences as a Filipino-American who immigrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1960. I came to the US as a graduate student when I was 26 years old. I am now in my early-80's and thanks God for his blessings, I have four successful and professional children and six grandchildren here in the US. My wife and I had been enjoying the snow bird lifestyle between US and Philippines after my retirement from USFDA in 2002. Please do not forget to read the latest national and International News in this site . I have also posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos in this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing on your copyrights. Cheers!
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Tips for New Bloggers-Win a Free 2-Day and 1-Night Stay at Chateau Du Mer
I was just reading an article by Susan Gunelius ( About.com) on tips for new bloggers. But before I discussed some of her tips, I know there are three main reasons why people blog.
1. You want to inform and be an expert in your field and perhaps earned income via ads in your blog, such as Google ADSENSE.
2. You want to promote a business or sell products or services in the Internet. By blogging you will attract clients as well as developed social networks by joining FB and Twitter.
3. You blog just for the fun of it. You want to share your ideas and opinions. In doing so, you improved your writing style and have fun sharing your ideas and joining discussions on topics you like. Your incentives are positive response of your readers.
I know there are other reasons why people blog. I will be happy if you share your reasons for blogging. For me my reasons are a combination of #2 and #3. I have no expectations to earn a lot of money with ads in my blog and website. Since 2009, I have only earned about $180 from my Google Adsense ads.
Now let me list four important tips for the beginner bloggers:
1. Be yourself. Your blog is an extension of your self, your brand or niche!
2. Be inviting. Joined social networks ( twitter, face book etc...) to increase traffic
3. Be risky. Try new things like plug ins or sponsor a contest
Speaking of sponsoring a contest, I have published in my blog, a two-nights free stay at my beach house in Marinduque worth $100, for the first person to comment guess the setting of the two photographs taken at night in the beach house. So far, I have not received any reply.
So, today to make it easier for everybody, I am changing the contest as of today. All you have to do is write an essay in not more than 250 words, why you want to visit Marinduque. Conditions for redeeming the prize remain the same. See details at:(http://chateaudumer.blogspot.com)
If interested in entering the contest for this year( 2012), please e-mail me your questions.
Last, but not least,
4. Be persistent. Try to update your blog as often as you could. If you run out of ideas, recycle your old blogs. Remember readers do not read at the end of your blog. It is not a book.
There were several other tips in the articles . But the above 4, I consider the basic tips, one must practice to be a good blogger for whatever reason.
Please let me know of other reasons why people blog and also if you have other tips for new bloggers that I have not mentioned above.